VP of Fundraiser Development (VP of Sales Enablement)August 16, 2018
VP of Fundraiser Development (VP of Sales Enablement)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Globalfaces Direct (GFD) provides smart, scalable fundraising services to charities and equips clients with the tools and technology to inspire lasting donor relationships. We are the North American leader in face-to-face (F2F) fundraising and provide a suite of services to our nonprofit partners, including donor acquisition, donor relations, donor stewardship and data and analytics.
With offices across North America and over 600 brand ambassadors in the field, our fundraising services allow us to contact over 60,000 potential donors every day. Since 2013, GFD has acquired hundreds of thousands of donors for its charity partners!
The VP of Fundraiser Development will build and develop a function to support and grow GFD’s large face-to-face fundraising (field sales) teams as the organization scales and an increasing number of offices are opened. This role will initially relate to the building of the Fundraiser Development function and recruitment of new fundraising leaders; over time the VP will directly or indirectly manage a number of core functions:
- Recruiting of new fundraising managers outside of Canada, starting with the United States
- Onboarding of new managers
- Ongoing training for fundraising teams
- Providing of core operational support to in-field fundraising teams (i.e., recruiting support, payroll, data and analytics, licencing and administration)
- Liaising between GDF’s nonprofit clients and its fundraising teams
- Governing interactions between fundraising teams (i.e., territory management)
- Supporting business development strategy (i.e., expansion strategy)
The VP Fundraiser Development will have a core role on the executive team of GFD and will report into the CEO. Some travel to the United States is likely to be required (i.e., 20% of time).
- Strong leadership abilities, including a proven track record guiding and influencing senior leaders
- Highly organized with the know-how to develop, codify and train to best practices
- Ability and hustle to drive change in fast-moving, sales-driven culture
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguity
- Previous experience in a sales enablement leadership role, sales agency development / leadership role or management consulting leadership role preferred
Role & Responsibilities
- Build and develop the Fundraiser Development function at GFD
- Recruit, onboard, train and enable successful new fundraising leadership
- Develop and implement guidelines for fundraiser interactions (i.e, between different fundraising teams, between fundraising teams and clients) so as to support the scaling of the business into the US and beyond
- Ultimately, run a world-class Fundraiser Development function that enables GFD to continue its growth into the world leader in its space
- Amazing company culture with a team of self-starters who are intelligent and driven to succeed
- Philanthropic; we love our charity partners and everything they stand for!
- Fast growth, startup-type culture with great opportunities to grow within the company
- Free coffee and snacks!
- Casual dress code (but we do like to get formal from time to time!)