Vice President, Customer SuccessFebruary 8, 2019
Globalfaces Direct (GFD) provides smart, scalable fundraising services to charities and equips clients with the tools and technology to inspire lasting donor relationships. Serving over 35 prominent not-for-profit organizations like PLAN International, Save the Children, UNICEF and WorldVision, we are the North American leader in face-to-face (F2F) fundraising and provide a suite of other services to our not-for-profit clients, including donor acquisition, donor relations, donor stewardship and data and analytics.
With offices across North America and over 700 brand ambassadors, our fundraising services allow us to contact over 70,000 potential donors every day. Since 2013, GFD has acquired hundreds of thousands of donors for its charity partners! One of the fastest growing companies in Canada, Globalfaces is looking to build out its leadership team to enhance the services it delivers to its clients and continue its exceptional growth trajectory.
The VP Customer Success will be core member of the leadership team of GFD, managing all client services resources and working closely with the executive team and other leaders in the business to produce exceptional results for our not-for-profit partners. This role includes responsibilities for all Customer Success related activities (i.e., client onboarding, support, day-to-day client and KPI management, etc.) and outcomes (e.g., renewals, upsells, etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
The VP Customer Success will lead a client services and client operations team to serve leading not-for-profit organizations across Canada and the United States, ensuring that client goals are achieved. In this capacity, the VP will have responsibility for delivering positive outcomes in the following areas
- Client satisfaction
- Client renewals
- Account growth
- Upsell / cross sell
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Management towards the achievement of client facing KPIs with the support of the executive team. This will include daily and weekly team huddles, cross functional communication and reporting and actioning against weekly, monthly and quarterly goals.
- Working together with core business partners (fundraising leadership, data, technology, call centre, etc) to continuously improve operational performance and deliver against organizational Objectives and Key Results
- Leading all Customer Success activities, including client onboarding and training, professional services, support, customer management, renewals and upsells, etc., with the support of the executive team
- Building a strong Customer Success team, including recruitment, onboarding and training, fostering team collaboration and managing team performance.
- Managing the customer lifecycle, in partnership with Executive Leadership. This will include mapping out the customer journey, determining the right listening and intervention points across the journey (i.e., frequency and types of client check-ins, content and cadence of business reviews, process for renewal/budget expansion conversations, etc.)
- Supporting the broader development of GFD into a market leader in monthly donor acquisition and retention by bringing the “voice of the client” to business development, marketing, strategy and investment decisions
The ideal candidate will have
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience (Director- or VP- level) in a relevant role
- Excellent active listening abilities
- Strong communication skills, including experience presenting to and influencing executives
- Strong leadership and people management abilities
- Understanding of the donor onboarding and stewardship journey / lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize teams and manage to KPIs
- The motivation and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Experience in the not-for-profit fundraising sector (preferred)
- Knowledge of Call Centre KPIs (preferred)
- Understanding of not-for-profit marketing strategies (preferred)
- Amazing company culture with a team of self-starters who are intelligent and driven to succeed
- Philanthropic; we love our charity partners and everything they stand for!
- Fast growth, startup environment with great opportunities to grow within the company
- Free coffee and snacks!
- Casual dress code (but we do like to get formal from time to time!)