IT Development ManagerMay 7, 2021
The primary responsibility of the IT Development Manager is it to get a product out the door. Your goal is to deliver results to GFD’s clients, by aligning the entire IT teams’ short- and long-term goals with that of the business. From the initial project scope to deployment, the IT Development Manager will work with all department heads to ensure success of all elements of the project and act as a liaison between IT team and the Executive Team.
What you will do:
- Prioritize and complete projects by coordinating all relevant resources, timetables and milestones with user departments, data center, and stakeholders.
- Deliver reports and proposals to Senior Leadership.
- Create a budget and timeline for the development projects and staff resources accordingly.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Scope out IT projects for internal applications and with 3rd party integrations.
- Lead and manage implementation team which consist of architects, developers, QA, and other project resources from other internal and external teams to project completion.
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
What You Will Bring to GFD
- 10+ years of development experience in web, mobile, and server applications with at least 4 years’ experience in a managerial position.
- Experience working with non-profit or other businesses that rely heavily on donations and fundraising is an asset.
Your Technical skills
- Experience and knowledge of .Net, API, JSON, SQL, Azure, as well as MDM, Device, Hardware, Network,
- Capable of working within SDLC, Agile Software Management, and ITIL.
- Ability to architect, design, and plan new systems and technology.
- Ability to employ software, SaaS, and IT systems as part of business processes and solutions.
- Ability to communicate ideas and IT solutions to development and operations teams.
- Ability to dive in and take over some development tasks.
- Ability to succinctly monitor the usage of mobile application, web applications, API, database, and 3rd party applications for efficiency and effectiveness.
Your Skills, Competencies, Qualities & Abilities
- Strong communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex, and fast-changing environment.
- Ability to communicate technical details effectively with senior management and other departments.
- Strong understanding of business goals and standards for customer service.
- Strategic thinker – creates alternate ways to proceed and translate strategies into pragmatic, do-able programs and actions.
- The ability to quickly, instinctively, and immediately solve problems without sacrificing technical accuracy.
- Patience and discipline to continue making logical decisions in high pressure situations.
- Inspires, energizes, and excites others with a clear vision of how things can be done better.
- Harnesses individual and group strengths to raise performance levels from good to great.
- A keen interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related discipline is required (Master’s degree preferred)
What GFD Offers You:
- A competitive base salary and generous bonus opportunity
- Paid sick days and Employee Assistance Programs, including mental health resources
- A comprehensive benefit packages
- Meaningful opportunities for community engagement through volunteering opportunities
- The opportunity to grow your career in account management at a rapid pace while learning also learning how to analyze data and make sound business decisions
- An open, inclusive and diverse working environment
- Any offer of employment will be subject to verification of employment and education background checks, including a criminal record check.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of their application.
Globalfaces Direct promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require reasonable accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
*This position qualifies for Employee Referral Program.