Human Resources ManagerApril 18, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Human Resources – Operations – Full-Time
Globalfaces Direct (GFD) provides smart, scalable fundraising services to charities and equips clients with the tools and technology to inspire lasting donor relationships. Serving over 35 prominent not-for-profit organizations like PLAN International, Save the Children, UNICEF and WorldVision, we are a North American leader in face-to-face (F2F) fundraising and provide a suite of other services to our not-for-profit clients, including donor acquisition, donor relations, donor stewardship and data and analytics.
With offices across North America and over 700 brand ambassadors, our fundraising services allow us to contact over 70,000 potential donors every day. Since 2013, GFD has acquired hundreds of thousands of donors for its charity partners! One of the fastest growing companies in Canada, Globalfaces is looking to build out its leadership team to enhance the services it delivers to its clients and continue its exceptional growth trajectory.
The Human Resources Manager (HR Manager) will be a core member of the leadership team of GFD, managing all HR activities related to GFD’s head office and call centre environments. Reporting into the CEO, the HR Manager will work closely with the executive team and other leaders in the business to achieve exceptional results. This role will be responsible for the full spectrum of HR activities, from recruiting to training and development to performance management. Although this will start as a Manager-level role, the role has significant opportunity for growth into a senior leadership position as the organization scales.
Roles and Responsibilities
The HR Manager will have overall responsibility for GFD’s HR function and will support or enable the following areas for its head office and call centre teams:
- Employee on-boarding, training and development
- Performance management
- Employee relations and satisfaction
- Policies and procedures
- Compensation and benefits
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Codification of roles and responsibilities for all roles across the organization with support of the leadership team
- Development of a performance review process, along with associated compensation reviews, working together with the leadership team
- Recruiting leadership, including recruiting for all head office roles and management of our call centre recruiter to ensure the centre is staffed at all times
- Employee relations, keeping the pulse on employees and conducting and actioning against regular employee surveys
- New hire onboarding, including development of general and role specific onboarding programs
- Ongoing training and development for GFD staff members and the leadership team, including liaising with external training providers where required
- Development of policies and procedures to support the growth and stability of the organization and ensure compliance with applicable labour laws
The ideal candidate will have
- Demonstrated experience as an HR manager or HR business partner
- Strong track record in recruiting, including the ability to recruit for a range of types of roles
- Excellent active listening and communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities and sound judgement
- The motivation and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience in a call centre environment (preferred)
- Amazing company culture with a team of self-starters who are intelligent and driven to succeed
- Philanthropic; we love our charity partners and everything they stand for!
- Fast growth, startup environment with great opportunities to grow within the company
- Free coffee and snacks!
- Casual dress code (but we do like to get formal from time to time!)