Director, FinanceDecember 4, 2020
Globalfaces Direct is seeking a strategic Director of Finance to manage the accounting functions of the Company in order to sustain growth and to maximize revenue and profits. The Director, Finance will oversee all financial activities, report on revenue, set and manage budgets, disburse funds, manage risk, implement policies, and improve financial processes. As a strategic member of the Leadership team, the Director, Finance will have an opportunity to influence the overall direction of the Company by providing timely, meaningful and understandable financial information and analysis to guide business decisions.
What you will do
- Lead the accounting operations of the Company, including overseeing the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Advise senior management on the financial implications of business activities. Make recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance, prepare special analyses/evaluations in support of major business decisions and collaboratively develop operating policies and procedures and improvement programs for the attainment of business objectives.
- Manage the development of custom databases, analyzing data from multiple systems to support other responsibilities and to develop business intelligence.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with governing standard.
- Establish KPIs and metrics to monitor the business. Train and ensure staff possess basic understanding of such KPIs and trends on stated KPI’s.
- Manage independent auditor relationships and audit engagements and coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with governmental reporting requirements and tax filings by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Define scope of role, hire for, train, and manage financial staff in the execution of accounting and bookkeeping tasks associated with but not limited to forecasting, reporting, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, profit/loss, general ledger and maintaining data integrity;
- Grow and motivate staff performance by coaching and developing employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job performance.
What You Will Bring to GFD
- Progressive accounting experience with 5+ years’ experience in a managerial accounting position, with at least two years as team manager or assistant Director (or equivalent).
- Experience with enterprise-level financial management software systems.
Your Technical skills
- Proficiency with ADP Workforce Now required.
- Advanced proficiency with spreadsheets,
- Strong proficiency with MS office and Google Suite programs.
Your Skills, Competencies, Qualities & Abilities
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex, and fast-changing environment.
- Strategic thinker – creates alternate ways to proceed and translates grand strategies into pragmatic, do-able programs and actions.
- The ability to quickly, instinctively, and immediately solve problems without sacrificing technical accuracy.
- Patience and discipline to continue making logical decisions in high pressure situations.
- High energy level to cope with frequent change and the stamina to work hard.
- Inspires, energizes, and excites others with a clear vision of how things can be done better.
- Strong communicator – can easily put his/her thoughts into words. Good conversationalist and presenter.
- Harnesses individual and group strengths to raise performance levels from good to great.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required (Master’s degree preferred)
- Valid CPA status.
- Good understanding of tax codes and laws.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of their application.
Globalfaces Direct promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. If selected for an interview, please advise our Recruiting Manager if you require reasonable accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.