Business Development RepresentativeNovember 27, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sales – Business Development – Full-Time
Do you take the initiative to get things done?
Do you thrive on achieving and exceeding your goals?
Do you want to make a lasting contribution to some of the world’s leading nonprofits?
Would you thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment?
If the answer is YES, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
- Job title: Business Development Representative
- Work type: Full time
- Location: Don Mills and York Mills Rd, North York
- Compensation: Competitive (salary plus performance bonus)
- Career path: Account Executive (senior closing sales role) within 12-18 months
To support the continued rapid growth of our business, we are on the lookout for a talented Business Development Representative (BDR) to join the team. The role will focus on securing meetings with some of the world’s foremost nonprofits, setting the stage for our continued development into the leading North American partner to nonprofits. It requires a self-starter who can deliver great results! No pressure 🙂
About the Role
The BDR will work alongside the existing BD Manager (BDM) to strengthen the overall growth strategy for GFD. The BDR will provide support in the development of each of GFD’s three primary business lines:
- Canadian sales teams
- American sales teams
- Call centre customer support and sales
With strong performance, the BDR will grow into an Account Executive role within 9-12 months, in which she or he will manage a full sales cycle from prospect to close.
- Self-motivated with an ability to thrive in an autonomous role
- Willing to work on and/or be available for ad hoc projects on evenings and weekends
- Able to source new leads by building ongoing knowledge of the nonprofit sector and the needs of senior leaders in the space
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Proficient in all MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 1 year of sales experience in a goal-driven environment strongly preferred (i.e. cold calling, inside sales, door-to-door solicitation, etc.)
- Set up introductory meetings for the BDM, leveraging a multi-proged approach:
- Daily cold calling through a prospect list comprised of international, national, state-level and regional potential clients
- Development and execution of email campaigns of various forms, including general cold outreach and outreach to potential clients prior to conferences and networking events
- LinkedIn and other social media campaigns if/as required
- Maintain prospect list on a daily basis to ensure that each lead is being sufficiently developed and re-engaged periodically throughout the year until either a meeting is scheduled or an actionable next step is established
- Support BDM during the proposal and contract negotiation phases of the sales cycle by preparing certain components of an RFP, creating cost/acquisition forecasts, creating ROI projections, scheduling ongoing meetings, maintaining marketing collateral and preparing presentation decks
- Attend conferences and networking events on an ad hoc basis throughout North America to assist with client development and lead generation
- Amazing company culture with a team of self-starters who are intelligent and driven to succeed
- Philanthropic; we love our charity partners and everything they stand for!
- Fast growth, startup environment with great opportunities to grow within the company
- Free coffee and snacks!
- Casual dress code (but we do like to get formal from time to time!)